FOOL PROOF POTTY TRAINING METHOD
The advent of a brand new puppy causes immense thrill in any household. It quickly becomes clear that house training a puppy is top on the list for our new housemates.
Watch carefully during puppy training to avoid chaotic mistakes, earnestly reward required behavior each time, and if an error occurs find out where you went wrong.
RULES FOR PUPPY HOUSE TRAINING
Training a puppy during initial stages is a big task for the new owners.
Potty train puppy fast. You have to teach your puppy early as they pick up really fast.
According to dogs, there is no proper place to go to the toilet; they just do it where they like. It is our job to plainly emphasize at the time of puppy training what is tolerable and what is not tolerable.
There are various methods to potty train your indoor dog besides opening your back door every couple of hours to let your puppy out.
A puppy’s normal impulse is to keep its living area clean for potty training a puppy use this information to your benefit.
There are bound to be some slip ups during the house training a puppy process but just clean up and use a deodorant to take away any remaining stench.
Potty training a puppy involves care and confinement in the beginning but soon we can allow our puppies more liberty.
Understand your puppy’s abilities and be practical while puppy training, keep in mind you are dealing with a very young animal. Remember that young puppies don’t have much control at an early age.
Follow a strict food and water timetable while training a puppy. Each day feed at the same time and take away your dogs water bowl before going to bed.
PUPPY TRAINING STEP BY STEP
Follow this method when your puppy is comfortable with you.
1. Select the place outside where you want to potty train puppy fast (eliminate).
2. Keep your puppy chained close to where you are working. Your puppy cannot roam free in the house at this early stage of puppy training. You must take him to the toilet area every few minutes on a leash.
3. After reaching the toilet area repeat a sign word you would like to connect to the act of your dog eliminating. It will build an association between the sign word and him emptying out. This is the first obedience training command you will be using during puppy training.
4. Keep repeating your sign word the moment your dog finishes eliminating and reward him afterwards. But if your potty train puppy shows no signs of wanting to eliminate take him back inside and try again in a few minutes.
5. After a successful toilet trip outside for puppy training you can let your puppy have some free play time in the house.
6. Carry on with the hourly puppy training schedule; you’ll be compensated for following it.
7. Another step in house training a puppy is to set your alarm clock to go off once and possibly twice throughout the night, take your puppy out to the toilet area as usual and then hop back into bed. Also dont ever feed it late at night.
In addition to your hourly schedule it is important to take your puppy outside after each meal time. Thats the puppy house training process, follow it constantly and you’ll experience satisfying results. When you are not at home, set up an area with comfortable bedding, water, toys and a toilet. Potty train your indoor dog by placing the indoor doggy toilet at the opposite side to the bedding in your puppy’s living area. When you enter your home get rid of the toilet area inside and follow the method detailed above.
PUPPY HOUSE TRAINING PROCESS
Training a puppy to let you know when he wants to go outside can be done by hanging a Pooch-Bell on a piece of string attached to your puppys door.
1. Follow the puppy training schedule as detailed above but now add the following: Each time you get to the door to go outside give the bell a bit of a shake and say “go potty”.
2. After a week or so of puppy training when your puppy gives the bell a shove, give lots of wholehearted praise and quickly open the door. If your puppy doesn’t nudge the bell after 10 seconds, shake it yourself and say “go potty”.
3. Keep on doing this each time you go outside until your dog has got it. It does not take too long to puppy train your dog.
4. Sooner or later you will be able to potty train your indoor dog to go to the door and shake the bell every time he goes to the toilet.
Copyright all rights reserved 2009 Puppy and Dog Obedience Training