One of the most important steps when buying a house is to visit it at least once with the real estate agent. This is the right moment when you can ask all the questions about the property that is of interest to you. In most cases, the property owner will also be at the location during the visit so you can get answers for some specific questions firsthand. A great tip is to make a list with questions in advance, because there is always a chance to forget something, especially if you have to visit two, three or more properties on that day. Check out some important questions, which describe the basics of that you should look for during house viewing.
1) How many floors foes the building have, and on which floor is the apartment in which you are interested? The number of floors is a very essential aspect that you should know. When you know the floors – you can get a better imaginary view about the neighbours, whether it would be easy or difficult to climb the stairs, whether you can expect a great panoramic view, whether it will be difficult for the movers to carry your furniture into the property, etc.
2) Check out the furnishing of the house. Make sure to know exactly which items the owners will leave in the house at your disposal, because that may differ from the current situation when you visit the house. It is a great advantage to buy a partially or a completely furnished house, but a new flat or an empty apartment also has its own unique advantages. You have to deal with professional moving companies and with overwhelming adventures when moving house, but you can furnish the house to your taste and style. If there are any objects left by the owners then spend a couple of minutes to check out the condition of these objects. Look for malfunctioning lights, scratched appliances, damages and stains on the walls, floors, doors, etc.
3) Ask about the condition of the house during the different seasons – whether it changes completely or not, whether there are any specific issues during the coldest winter months or not. Ask about the condition of the balcony in the winter too, whether there are any dangers during the greatest rainfalls and winds. Then, inspect the condition of the house from the inside and ask about any build-up of mould or unwanted odours. All the exhaust fans should function properly too. If you ensure that everything is in order, you can avoid spending time and efforts on extensive repairs at a further moment.
4) Get familiar with the documentation of the property. From the insurance to the utilities of the house – there are plenty of “official” things to keep in mind when buying a new house. The real estate agent can really help you in this domain and therefore can save you a lot of time. Ask the estate agent about the documentation of the apartment or house in advance and leave the unclear topics for a discussion with the house owner during the visit.
5) Check out whether the property is comfortable for the relocation of all your belongings from the old house. The dimensions of the doors are most important, as they are essential for the impeccable services of the furniture removals company. Your house relocation can go smoothly if there are no obstacles between the front door and the fence of the property. The dimensions of the stairways are another thing to keep in mind for your domestic removals if you are looking for a house with two or more storeys.